Phannie

Phannie
Photo taken near Monument Valley, Utah

Friday, July 24, 2015

To Seattle

At Lake Pleasant RV Park, Bothell, Washington...

This will be a short post, as we just repositioned from Portland to Seattle. We had been warned that the traffic in Seattle was bad, but we weren't quite prepared for how packed the freeways were, and it wasn't even rush hour. We began to notice within 60 miles of Seattle on I-5 that the traffic was pretty much bumper-to-bumper, and by the time we reached downtown, we had come to a stop many times. I don't even want to know what it was like at five o'clock.

The park where we're staying has a very helpful program for customers like us who are embarking on a cruise from Seattle. They will reserve you a spot in their "storage" area with electric power for three bucks a day while you are away. Earlier today, I noticed that about six other RVs were parked there, and there were about four open spots, one of which we will occupy tomorrow.

Pretty much since we arrived, Sandy has been fussing over what to take on the ship. The luggage that we're not accustomed to carrying or packing is spread out all over the bed, and I notice that she packs certain articles of clothing, then she unpacks them. Then she puts them back, or replaces them with something else. Only the good Lord could follow her thought process, so I don't even try. My contribution to the packing consisted of, let's see, eight articles of clothing, two pairs of shoes, a belt, underwear and socks. Selecting these took about five minutes and resulted in no shortage of frowns in my direction from the little lady. I just smiled, having learned long ago that a commentary from me at this point would probably not be helpful.

Tomorrow, we will drive Phannie and Mae to the park's storage area, and a limo will meet us there and take us to a hotel at the waterfront downtown; from there, it will be a short walk to the cruise ship pier on Saturday morning. This will give us a little free time Friday evening to look around downtown Seattle. 

Thank you, Lord, for this wonderful life; please forgive me if I don't appreciate it enough each day.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate comments and read every one of them. If your Blogger settings allow, I will happily respond.