Phannie

Phannie
Photo taken near Monument Valley, Utah

Saturday, March 5, 2016

Hitch Itch

At Northlake Village RV Park, Roanoke, Texas...

Yes, for those kind enough to inquire, we did survive the common cold; thank you for asking. Since I've been puny, I haven't been posting much, but I'll try to be a little more industrious in that regard. I think I've just about worn out Sandy's patience with my sulking resentment over having caught this silly cold. She is just a much better patient than I, and I'm not sure why she puts up with me.

As our three weeks here in north Texas are drawing to a close, we have pretty much taken care of doctor and dentist visits, and we now have our new glasses. After seeing the difference with our new prescriptions, we are glad we made the upgrade. Sandy has one more visit with the dentist to finish up her new crown, and we will be outta here. Hitch itch has definitely set in.

Fortunately, we seem to have missed any freezing weather and, since we will be heading south to San Antonio next week, we are pretty confident that we will escape it altogether now that spring is upon us. 

We spent a little time at the storage unit switching out some clothes for the warmer weather coming up. And no, we haven't yet completely pared down our wardrobe to what will fit in Phannie, although we know that is something we should do. That's not to say that we haven't given away a lot of clothing, because we have. The pieces that remain are those that are favorites and which fit well. It's hard to get rid of those.

We were only able to go through and empty two boxes of stuff about which we had reconsidered. These were largely things that were stored during the last minute crush when the house sold, and their disposition was pretty easy to figure out. At this rate, it will be a while before we can get our excess stuff pared down to where we would like for it to be. Another thing we picked up was the shredder, something we hadn't anticipated carrying with us, but which has become essential for us to keep up our comfort level, considering all the identity theft that is going on.

It looks like this is going to be housecleaning day, something that will certainly take less time than it did in the stick and brick house. I figure we can knock it out in less than an hour, even with my cleaning the air conditioner filters.

As I look outside while writing this, the trees are budding out nicely and the birds are singing sweetly. Spring is almost here, and the road beckons. We will soon answer the call.

Thank you, Lord, for this wonderful life; please forgive me if I don't appreciate it enough each day.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate comments and read every one of them. If your Blogger settings allow, I will happily respond.